boomp3.com
............................................................
One.
Starting with Little Things
Love the earth like a mole,
fur-near. Nearsighted,
hold close the clods,
their fine-print headlines.
Path them with soft hands --
But spades, but pink and loving: they
break rock, nudge giants aside,
affable plow.
Fields are to touch:
each day nuzzle your way.
Tomorrow the world.
William Stafford
Two.
[removed]
"it goes without saying because its better left unsaid"
...
Three.
now.
the most beautiful things heard|seen|written|sang (lately):
death and all his friends - Coldplay (my heart sings|reaches|catches the notes at 1:11-1:18)
the symphony i heard on 91.5. my jaw dropped on the 405
the trees dripping lights on main st.
the child whose smile pushed giants away
the june bugs dancing on my front porch. especially the one that landed on the door lock.
le ballon rouge
Une Annee Sans Lumiere
An Oregon Message pages 25.38.40.48.53.57.72.79.84.115.124.
Four.
A Few Things I've Heard. that remain. (a few)
the creak in the swing outside Grams house.
the sound of my dad whispering a prayer in my ear.
mom singing "you are my sunshine"
the wind chimes on michelle's front porch
every word spoken on 12.31.2007
life is for living
Let us go then, you and i...
"come on over, just be patient, and don't worry"
with head bowed. knees bent. eyes closed. heart open. hands offering:
"i love you"
"see you soon"
"Verily he is the Merciful, the Compassionate. Praise be to God, the Lord of all the worlds."
Grandpa reciting The Jaberwocky from memory
dad playing blackbird
the sound of Chopin making me cry
the wind in Houck.
the silence in the Shrines
footsteps in an empty museum
...
Five.
now. in single words.
consequence. coincidence. purpose. static. dynamic. colorful. potential. future. withoutsecondthought. wide-eyed. hopeful. and. ridiculous. takeitin.
Six.
sans deuxième pensée
sureness unparalleled.
without blinking.
or the nod of peers.
pupil sizes match.
eye colors compliment.
arms are magnets.
puzzle finished.
heartbeats in sync
heartstrings strummed.
h a r m o n y
...
soo much more than these words

2 comments:
I want to say something but I don't know what to say, so I'll just say that I love this, and I love you, Alex. --Tara
did i just listen to that entire song? Yes i did. Would I like you to send it to my gmail account? yes i would (if it isn't locked/too much trouble). Thanks for the great reflective thoughts.
Post a Comment